Microsoft Management Reporter
Management Reporter is available for Microsoft Dynamics ERP customers only. It provides a more powerful infrastructure and user interface than Microsoft FRx®. New features present a new level of financial reporting and analysis to the users who currently utilize and trust the powerful framework that previous Microsoft FRx versions provided.
Improved User Interface and Administration
- Undo/Redo – undo a mistake or redo a change using one of the most requested features demanded by Microsoft FRx users.
- Associations – save time and eliminate confusion by quickly evaluating which building blocks are associated with each report definition.
- Building Block Organization – maintain and secure Row, Column, Reporting Trees, and Report Definitions into folders by type, function, category or user.
- Report Library – view all reports in a centralized storage facility organized with folders and optional security.
- New User Interface
- Toolbars – use Windows toolbars that contain familiar icons from Microsoft applications.
- Navigation Pane – build reports and navigate through the application using a docked and customizable navigation pane.
- Theme –standardize the look and feel of the user experience by having Management Reporter follow the visual elements determined by the current Microsoft Windows theme.
- Hide/Unhide – tailor your workspace by hiding columns in the Row, Column, and Reporting Tree definitions while working on a specific section of a report.
- Report Groups – group daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports to generate consecutively with one push of a button.
- Generate Unsaved Reports – run a report instantly to verify if formatted output is desirable.
Enhanced Presentation Qualities
- Column Page Breaks – distribute presentation quality reports by determining column and page breaks, providing total control over the output of the report.
- Insert Graphics – personalize financial reports for board room presentation by inserting company logos or images into headers and footers.
- Fonts – use your own font styles or default Windows fonts and sizes to modify reports.
- Negative Numbers in Red – highlight key metrics that are underperforming by simply selecting a specific formatting option.
- Format Overrides in Rows – customize numerical displays by using a form that creates format masks automatically.
- Page Order – direct printed report data by modifying page option settings to change the order of data moving down and across the page.
- Custom Page Numbering – start reports at any page number for easier organization and inclusion into the company’s comprehensive monthly, quarterly, and yearly report books.
Improved Analytical Capabilities
- Complex Filtering in Row, Column and Reporting Tree Definitions – use new, more flexible dialog to filter on multiple dimensions consistently across all building blocks.
- Native Dimension Support – create reports instantly with all dimensions and members without having to step through a wizard.
- XBRL – access more information for filing with the most recent XBRL US GAAP 2009 standards including dimension support, properties, references, and the ability to add notes and footnotes to instance documents.
- General Ledger Trees – utilize trees stored in the host General Ledger system for reporting.
- SQL Server –tightly integrated with Microsoft SQL Server for centralized database storage and processing features, delivering improved performance and stability, and an enhanced multi user experience.
- Improved Architecture and Codebase – developed using .Net/C# to include enhanced globalization and location support, and native 64 bit support.
- Multi-tiered architecture with server side processing –generate reports using server resources which dramatically improves performance and frees up workstation resources while reports are processing.
- Security – protect and lock companies, reports, and building blocks with user, role, and group security supporting Windows authentication.
- Checked Out Items – manage users in the system and view what building blocks are checked out and available for modification.
- Accessibility Standards – gain compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Validation –confirm formulas have the correct syntax during the save process.
- Report Queue Status – view the status of a queued report and the history of generated reports.